Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager designed and developed by Microsoft Company. It is fully fledged email client with advanced attributes and provides a single and integrated solution for organizing and managing the digital communication tools such as e-mails, and instant messages etc. It consists of two files namely PST file and OST file.
When the user configure a mail in Outlook, all the e-mails, contacts, tasks, journals, calendar entries, notes, reminders, RSS feeds etc. are stored in a Personal Storage Folder. Outlook storage table is used to create a copy of Outlook elements like emails, contacts, notes, etc. and stores it on Microsoft Exchange Server. OST file allows the user used to create, send and delete mail where there is no internet connectivity and any changes made to OST file after retrieving the internet will be automatically synchronized with Microsoft Exchange Server. But due to some of the unexpected reasons like virus attacks, abrupt shutdown, and outlook freezing the OST files gets corrupted and the OST file become inaccessible.
Have you ever been faced this type of situation? If yes, then no need to worry if such situation occurs because you can access your OST files by performing OST to PST conversion. This conversion can be done with the help of software called OST PST Conversion software.
Reasons behind the corruption of outlook OST files:·
- Virus attacks: Virus attack is one of the main reasons for the corruption of Outlook OST files. These are small programs that usually get into the system through internet connection, downloading infected softwares, sharing files, etc. it enters the system folders and disturb the normal operation of computer resulting in deletion of files.·
- Abrupt closing: Sometimes The Outlook OST files gets corrupted due to abrupt closing of Microsoft outlook, The inappropriate closing occurs due to frequent power surges, user’s mishandling of the system, software conflicts, and hardware failures etc.·
- Outlook freezing: Repeated freezing of Outlook causes corruption of Outlook OST file. This causes difficulty in closing the application
- File system corruption: File system is used to keep the track of all the files like file name, file type, and file creation data so on. If this file system gets corrupted then OST file also get corrupted and become inaccessible.
- Other reasons: Some of the other reasons which are responsible for the corruption of OST files are the inappropriate error, malware attacks, poor network connection, and synchronization problems so on.
Features of OST PST Conversion software:
- This software supports OST to PST conversion on various versions of Windows operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Windows Vista, XP, Windows 2003 or Windows 2008, and also on various versions of MS outlook such as Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000.
- OST to PST conversion software enables safe transfer of email messages, contacts, journals, tasks and other Outlook related information.
- It is also used to transfer the OST files corrupted due to MS Exchange server crash, CRC Errors etc.
- OST to PST file conversion tool is used to transfer email messages, notes, contacts, journals, tasks and other Outlook related information. And also used to retrieve the deleted OST files
- After converting OST to PST, the .OST files are kept in their original folder structure, so that the user can import those file contents without any complexity.